What’s the difference between a Settlement Agent and Conveyancer?

Both are the same profession who facilitates the transfer of property or ‘settlement’ is called a settlement agent (conveyancer).

Conveyancers, or settlement agents, are responsible for real estate settlements, which entail preparing documents to transfer property from one person to another. Considering that you are not likely to have extensive experience in the home conveyancing field, it is important that you leave this to a professional

Settlement agents are required to hold a current licence and a triennial certificate under the Settlement Agents Act 1981 (the Act). They must have professional indemnity insurance, maintain an annually audited trust account and participate in the Compulsory Professional Development Program each year.